Budha Purnima (30th April 2018) Machaan 'Nisarg Anubhav' Activity
Melghat Tiger Reserve
Katepurna Wildlife Sanctuary
Dnyanganga Wildlife Sanctuary
Waterhole Machaan ‘Nisarg Anubhav’ 30th April 2018
Terms & Conditions
- Please note: This exercise is a voluntary activity. i.e. the person participating or wanting to participate has understood the extreme climatic conditions, harsh and potentially dangerous situations that might occur in the forest areas and is/are aware that medical facilities and other basic facilities available in the urban world is not easily available at hand in the remote forest areas of Melghat. Therefore, it is advised that anyone suffering from any heart disease, blood pressure problems, diabetes and/or any other type of ailment, viral infections and allergies should refrain from volunteering in such activities. Whoever wishes to volunteer will have to read, understand and abide by all the rules, regulations and conditions mentioned in the document and violation of any would be punishable under various sections of Wildlife Protection Act 1972. The activity does not hold any scientific significance when it comes to counting the actual numbers but the ‘Nisarg Anubhav’ activity is done in restrictive manner to involve the general masses to be aware of the challenges of a forest as well as gain significant inputs and indications as to the occupancy data of the area by faunal diversity.
- Right of Admission is reserved with the Office of CCF & FD Melghat Tiger Reserve.
- One booking is for only one person and non-transferable. Permit cannot be exchanged with any other volunteer. ID Cards (any of these- Aadhar/ Pan/ Voters ID/ Passport/ Driving Licence) have to be carried for the census activity.
- Only one person along with forest personnel will be seated on a Machaan. Only in select cases depending on the size of the machaan and discretion of the forest department more than one person maybe allowed.
- In case of women volunteer, women forest staff will be preferably provided.
- Boarding place should be selected and bookings will only be finalised upon receipt of payment.
- The application for participation will be approved on first come first basis.
- Applicants should be between age of 15yrs and maximum 60 yrs of age at the date of census i.e. 30th April 2018.
- An entry/participation fee of Rs.1500/- only (rupees one thousand five hundred only) will be charged per applicant for the Machaan ‘Nisarg Anubhav’ activity.
- The charges are for the food, water, associated material including books, administrative expenses, etc. and not for the machaan. This amount will be distributed to the respective services and utilities providers.
- No refund of any kind would be made on cancellation of Machaan booking.
- Volunteers will be communicated the boarding place by email mentioned in the application form. Please carry payment receipt slip at the time of reporting.
- Volunteer should report at boarding place by his own arrangement by 09:00 a.m. on 30th April 2018.
- Travel from Machaan boarding place to Machaan site will be by forest vehicle. No private vehicle will be allowed inside the forest.
- The onsite machaan allocation will be as per lucky draw at the boarding place.
- Volunteers should carry the registration number / payment slip communicated by email which will be verified by authorities at boarding place.
- Volunteers should carry identity proof which is mentioned in the form for verification during checking.
- In case any volunteer does not report in time the permit will be treated as invalid.
- Machaan ‘Nisarg Anubhav’ activity may be suspended temporarily or permanently in case of any emergency/red alert as per decision by officials of forest department.
- Volunteers are responsible for their own safety; no claims for compensation will be admissible at any stage.
- Any applicant below age of 18 years till 15 years should be accompanied by an adult preferably immediate relative for the machaan activity.
- Even though dinner packets and 2 bottles of water, etc. would be provided by the organisers at boarding point, volunteers can carry their own food and water enough for 24 hours activity. They should carry back all leftovers and no litter should be left in the forest.
- Consumption of Alcohol /Non- Veg food/ Smoking is totally banned during the activity. Physical verification of individual and their baggage will be done. Punitive actions against volunteers as per Wildlife Protection Act will be taken.
- Photography is prohibited. Do not carry cameras. Do not carry flash lights.
- Volunteers wishing to have boarding facilities wherever available prior to or post the Machaan activity date shall book so on his own through the website www.magicalmelghat.com
- For any other queries contact Mr. Swapnil Bangde- 9209647379 or Dr. Jaydeep Das- 9987008320 between 9:00am to 6:00pm only on working days.
- Below is the number of machaans planned per range area of the park for volunteers for participation in census at Melghat Tiger Reserve.
||Botha for (Dnyanganga WLS)
||Wagah for (Katepurna WLS)
- Apply Online